Thursday 13 October 2011

Dusty Brain...


Well, here I am, starting up something I like to do...putting my thoughts on paper! But this time, on a very much larger paper, the internet. I remember a few years ago as an undergraduate in the prestigious Faculty of Law of the equally prestigious University of Ibadan, I acted as the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Law Press Organisation (LPO); and it was a thing of joy to see fellow students gather round the Press Board to read your articles and make comments. Of course you would expect that some of the comments would not be friendly especially when the article made reference to the commentators in such a way as you may describe as "uncomfortable". On the other hand, it was really uplifting to hear wonderful comments about your article; how it was brilliantly presented, how articulate, how funny...and all that stuff. Only thing is you could not publicly acknowledge such accolades because we all wrote, using our pseudonyms.

That was some years ago. For about 2 years now, I have not written one single article; where is the time, where is the audience? The result is that I have grown cobwebs in my brain. But I have decided to do some cleaning and serious mental sanitation; no more shall I allow cobwebs and dust to gather in my brain...and thanks to the Internet, I have the desired audience.

Like in my University days, I am going to write articles on this blog on virtually every topic that comes to my mind...politics, fashion, morality, education, fiction, poems, inspirational, gossips, name it! And like those days, I expect people to make comments...I am ready for them, whether good or bad.

I welcome you all to this blog and hope that we find each other exciting and interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment